Fat Grafting, also known as Lipofilling or Fat Injection or Autologous Fat Transfer, is a novel procedure where your own body fat is used to add volume to your face strategically, to regain a youthful look. Here, the fat acts as a filler, which helps volumize and lift the sunken tissues, thereby making a deflated face look radiant again!
Facial Fat Grafting (FFG) is done when
- You have fine lines, frown lines, deep grooves and wrinkles on your face
- Your face looks haggard and tired
- The volume of filler needed to volumize your face exceeds your budget
- You are worried about the longevity of the HA filler
- You are concerned about your under eye bags and/or dark circles
- You seek high youthful cheeks and want to add volume to sunken cheeks
- You have traumatic scars on your face which are depressed and need volumization
- You have acne scars for which micro-needling with Nano-fat and Micro-fat is a proven solution
- You seek a rejuvenated look and an alternative to PRP facial or vampire facial
The procedure has multiple benefits
- Takes away fat from unwanted site, say tummy or thigh
- It can be performed under local anaesthesia and is a day-care procedure. You can go home the same day.
- It involves using your own fat and hence there is no chance of your body rejecting it.
- Near permanent results. The fat only fluctuates with your body weight.
Liposuction is done from keyhole ports and good quality fat is harvested. This can be done mostly under local anaesthesia with sedation. This fat is then purified and processed, to obtain Micro-fat which is further processed with world class techniques and equipment to
Nano-fat which is the holy grail of rejuvenation medicine at present. It is known to have ADSC’s or Adipose Derived Stem Cells which help to stimulate regeneration of collagen and tissues and practically help in scar improvement and halt ageing. Micro-fat helps to volumize while Nano-fat contributes to the rejuvenation effect. This is how problems like dark circles, freckles, dull skin, acne scars, etc are tackled. This is how FFG has multiple advantages in a single procedure.
Recovery After Facial Fat Grafting
- Outpatient procedure, you can go home the same day.
- Some discomfort such as swelling, bruising and minor pain at the donor or recipient site may be perceived. This are amenable to simple paracetamol and subside in a few days.
- One can resume work within 2-3 days after the surgery.
- The results become apparent when the swelling has completely worn away.
- In some cases, such as periorbital rejuvenation, minor swelling may remain for weeks/months and the full result may take time to manifest.